The second initiative using Ministry of Health Preceptor Recognition funding began in early 2013. This phase of the program involved creating the Preceptor Education and Support in Saskatchewan website, including online curriculum for preceptors.
The website was launched in November 2014, and provides a variety of information and learning formats to help support and develop Saskatchewan preceptors.
Preceptors and those considering preceptoring will find the website useful to:
- enhance learning through 8 interactive training modules
- better understand the role and benefits of preceptorship
- prepare for interacting with students (or better prepare for the next student) through topic-specific resources
- find links to other Canadian and American preceptor websites and resource manuals
- find out how preceptors can access SHIRP library collections and service